Wednesday 27 June 2012

Hebden Bridge Floods


If you live in the U.K. you will have seen on the national news that last Friday after heavy rain we had major flooding in Hebden Bridge. Many of the shops and businesses have been very badly damaged and there is still a big clean up taking place along my street Market Street which lies very low in it's centre.Everyone has helped in some way as we are a small town full of good hearted people.
Some shops might re open this weekend but my shop being quite a way up from the centre was saved by my two steps from the pavemant to the front door.
Everything had to be removed from the shop just in case.! It really was like some special effect on a movie except that it was real.
I had visions of hats floating up the road but they were all safe thank goodness, it would have taken me a considerable time to re make my stock had that been a reality. Something that I have thought about several times in the past few days.
SHARE:

2 comments

"Coco" said...

Chrissie -

So sorry to hear about the flooding in your village! But am happy to hear that none of your beautiful hats were damaged.

Well wishes to you and all the merchants affected by the flooding.

xoxo - Colleen (One in a Millinery)

Kathleen said...

Goodness! I am relieved to hear that everyone is OK.

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig