Thursday 15 September 2011

Felt Feathers





I made some felt feathers many months ago, but only used them for a few trims. However in the week I needed to make something in felt for a lady to wear with a trouser suit and anything too fancy looked wrong, she liked the idea of feathers but they were too light and had decided she would like to have something made in felt. Hey presto felt feathers came to the rescue. I used two colours to tie in with her outfit and covered a headband in silk.I did have to sew a fine wire on the reverse side in order that I could twist the felt into a feather like shape. The result was very striking. Here's a few pictures of some I have made since then, I added small beads to two and also made a couple of leaves.
SHARE:
© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig