Tuesday 23 February 2010

Hats Glorious hats






This is one of two hats bound for an exhibition in Manchester's costume gallery, Platt Hall which is re-opening 13th March.
Both hats are very different this one being made from a sinamay called Gracia which I have hand frayed(see picture) before sculpting into separate shapes.
Each piece has then been sewn together.
The soft wire brim hangs down softly over the left eye.No winking required.
I have rolled the edges around a very small curling tongue to soften the blunt edge.
So what do you think.? My other hat is made from soft felt and is VERY different, photo's to follow in a few days.
Hope the general public enjoy looking.
I am going to be in some very salubrious company.No name dropping please.
SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I wish I had an occasion to wear such a stunner! I love the buttons-on-button centre best :)

Good luck with the exhibition!

Sarah
http://wrappedupwithstring.blogspot.com/

The IFRS Exorcist © said...

Very lovely. This hat sure makes a statement and that's very important.

Darla
http://www.manyhattyreturns.com

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig