Saturday 9 May 2015

This Weeks Round Up Of Hats






This week has been about finishing off hats that had been blocked and are now ready to put together.
In other words ready for the hand sewing to begin.
Choosing the trims that bring the hat to life and give it a presence.
I always design the shape and materials but sometimes I do change my mind about the trim as the hat just seems to dictate what it needs.
You can't do this for a bespoke order so making for the shop gives us a little poetic licence.
I also sometimes like to collect a selection of interesting fabrics and textures and then make something completely without an outright plan, the results are often very pleasing.

I have roll up 100% ladies panamas from Ecuador in stock now, £58 each in lovely neutral shades perfect for holidays as you roll them up pop them in a wide tube and pack them in your suitcase.
Easy to post so get in touch at the shop if you'd like one or pop in and try on.

In other news my lovely Acer at my back door has just flourished in the rain and a little sunshine and is an absolute treat.!





SHARE:

No comments

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig