Wednesday 22 February 2012

Navy Silk Beret





I have made this beret in navy blue raw silk that I have sandwiched between some wadding and sewn in a spiral stitch to create texture and detail to an otherwise very simple design.
The vintage buckle adds a little glamour and the veiling skirts across the face.As the hat does not fit directly around the forehead it is kept in place with a hat elastic and has a silk band which I have draped right around to end in a decorative knot at the centre back.The back of the hat  folds back and is sewn into position making an interesting detail.
Quite a tricky hat to convey the true shape on a photograph but I think you can see the overall style.
I think it might prove very popular as there has been a lot of admirers already in the shop today.
SHARE:

No comments

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig