Saturday 18 February 2012

Lace Feathers



  


I have stiffened some lace fabric to create lace feathers and sewn a wire spine down the centre back so that they can be twisted into shape .Depending on how much stiffener you use will affect the outcome of your fabric so add a little at a time till you get the right feel.
I have been adding beads and veiling to my feathers as I have made a birdcage veil with a singular feather that clips in the hair and a cocktail hat with a veil and gold beaded feather in a slightly darker ecru.
The pictures don't really do them justice as they really are very pretty and delicate looking.
I have also made a few coloured ones and a couple of cotton ones. Perhaps I should try to construct a full bird.!
SHARE:

No comments

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig