Sunday 4 July 2010

Vintage buttons & cocktail frippery








As you may have noticed I very often use vintage buttons on my hats and accessories, as I just love them for their simplicity and beauty.
This morning I went to a local antique fair where I found these Delicious little gems, plus two vintage prints of hats.
All in all a very good outing as I have most of my materials sent via post or courier and getting a pass to leave the workshop gets very difficult these days.!!
The material pictured above is crin, which comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, it twists and turns to create great shapes, of course it does need a little persuasion.
I will take photographs of my hat prints as they too are just delightful and I will be torn between hanging them in the shop or just keeping them for myself at home.
I have some nice ideas for my buttons already but I'll keep you posted on that later.
SHARE:

1 comment

Natalia said...

Love vintage buttons and you have used them beautifully.

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig