Monday 20 August 2018

As Autumn Arrives







I've been away for a short break which does you a world of good. First to Scotland for a few days to visit relatives who are visiting from New Zealand and then to The New Forest for a bit of down time.
Both were great and I feel ready to plough ahead with new ideas for the rest of the year.
It most definitely feels just a little autumnal in the last few days but for me that heralds the need to buy a whole different weight of fabric like wools and tweeds, velvets and corduroy.
Today I purchased quite a few new lengths of different cloths so next week will be working out what I want to make with them.

I've posted a few images of the last wedding pieces that were made just before I went on holiday.
The veiled bridal headdress was worn with a teal chiffon gown and the bride looked utterly amazing.
Bottom two pictures are a couple of items that are being made from a lovely piece of soft jersey knit fabric. It's turning into a mini collection with flat cap,scarf, clutch bag and a neck wrap that's not quit finished.
I shall be bogging about the various events I will be attending or selling my wears at later in the year. So far I will be at The Hepwoth Winter Fair on Friday 30th dec and Ripponden Fair on Sat 1st Dec. Both events are a pleasure to attend and I will look forward to meeting lots of  lovely people.
Trying not to rush the year away but you've got to get organised !







SHARE:

No comments

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig