Friday 7 September 2012

'If I knew you were coming I'd of baked a cake'


 









Recently I made a bridal headband, cocktail rose with veiling and a silk pill box hat for a local wedding.The reception was held at a very famous afternoon tea rooms called Betty's in Harrogate North Yorkshire where individual afternoon tea was served to all the guests.
Emily my Intern has been with me for several weeks now and when she came to meet me for the first time, she brought with her an apron that she had made as her final project in college.I knew that it definitely deserved to be shown to the public and when I asked the local mother of the bride if she would let me have a few photographs of the wedding a window idea came to life.
Based on the song ' If I knew you were coming I'd of baked a cake' Emily's apron with a selection of photographs and several pieces of my own tea set crockery bought at an auction a few years ago makes for a very lovely window display. Lots of people are stopping to read the little bio Emily has written about the making of her apron and it has bought a smile to many faces.
SHARE:

No comments

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig