Wednesday 9 March 2011

Tip Top mini Topper

small



My mini top hat block is very beautiful even before you use it to make your hat.
Here I have blocked the crown in an open weave natural straw and the brim in pari sisal fine straw.
To create an unusual look I have pulled out some of the woven straw in the crown which has given it a distinctive look.
Each piece has then been dressed in the lovely plaid silk and I added a few feathers to finish off the trim.
It has only been in the shop for a couple of days and everyone has fallen in love with it.
I wonder where it will make it's debut.?
SHARE:

4 comments

Lee Duncan is HatStruck said...

This hat is so lovely and extremely creative.

Hat Therapy said...

Thanks very much Lee it has been much admired so far.

Margot Outhwaite said...

What a lovely quirky hat. Did you make the block yourself or buy it?

Adella Millinery said...

I love you hat block. Absolutely adorable. Where did you get it. You commented on one of my blogs about The House of Elliot. Yes! I loved that series. I taped most of it and I know that that they had a boxed set at one time. Keep up the great work!

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig